News

Taskforce threaten to shut down schools again

By Wek Atak Kacjang

The National Taskforce on Coronavirus has threatened to shut-down again all schools that do not adhere to Covid-19 guidelines in the country.

Speaking to media on Thursday, Vice President for Service Cluster and who is also the National Taskforce for Covid-19 Chairperson Hussein Abdelbagi Akol said they wanted to send the directive to schools and their administration that they must adhere to the COVID-19 preventive measures and that “ any pupil, student or visitors who goes to school must wear facemask”

“All learners and staff must wash their hands before entering the school compounds, before and after each lesson, before and after taking meals and after using toilets.If they do not adhere to this, we as the National Taskforce on Coronavirus will move in to close down the schools that are not observing the preventive guidelines,” Akol said.

Early last month, the Minister of General Education and Instruction Awut Deng Acuil announced there opening of schools in the country after a year of closure due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Before the reopening, the ministry recommended that all staff, learners, and visitors must wear mask and had their temperature checked before entering the school compound.

However, according to observations by Juba Monitor team, some of the schools visited in Juba did not observe the health protocols and preventive measures.

On 14 April the government lifted the nation partial lockdown effective due to decreased cases of Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations under the new directives

error: Content is protected !!