News

Ministry fires coronavirus Incident Manager

By Manyuon Mayen Manyuon

The Incident Manager for coronavirus at the National Ministry of Health Dr. Angok Gordon Kuol has been fired from the position and replaced with Dr. Richard Lino Lako as the new Incident Manager.

The ministerial order No: 004/2020 dated 27th May 2020 did not disclose the motive behind the sacking but was ceased from discharging his duties.

According to the Communiqué obtained by Juba Monitor, the changes were effected by the Minister of Health Elizabeth Acuei Yol who signed the order.

Another letter from the Health Undersecretary’s office directed Dr. Angok Gordon Kuol to handover with immediate effect the office including all the assets to Dr. Richard Lino Lako, the newly appointee.

Dr. Angok has also been advised to discharge his duties as the Director of Public Health Institute at the Ministry’s headquarters without going to the Emergency Operations Centre 

While responding to his sacking, Dr. Angok admitted the receipt of his  termination letter.

He said that he was not appointed in any way following the changes since he would still execute his duties at the same Ministry.  

Dr. Thuou Loi, the spokesperson of the Ministry of Health told Juba Monitor on Sunday that there was no weekly briefing  on Sunday as they were allowing the newly appointed Incident Manager to take over the office.  

Since Wednesday last week, the Country’s National Taskforce on coronavirus has never announced any update to the public on the coronavirus situation in the country.

It is not known what is exactly wrong within the Ministry and the Public Health Laboratory as they had not provided any released test results in the last days.

But as of Wednesday evening last week, the positive cases of South Sudan stand at 994 with over 8 fatalities and 6 recoveries.  

error: Content is protected !!