News

BONGO-Bus attack, five kidnapped children found

By Atimaku Joan

The five children who were kidnapped during an attack on passengers’ vehicle along Nimule road on Friday last week were found and returned to their parents on Saturday.

The children were found at Jebel Amian, during an operation by the security patrolling Juba.

Last week on Friday, unknown gunmen opened fire on passengers’ vehicle heading to Juba, locally known as ‘Bongo’ bus killing 2 people.

Speaking to Juba Monitor on phone, the Police Spokesperson Maj. Gen. Daniel Justine confirmed that the children were brought back to Juba and were handed to their parents.

“The children were abandoned by the kidnappers near Jebel Amian. They were brought back to Juba by the Tiger and later were handed by the police to their parents who returned home with them,” Maj. Gen. Justine said.

The Police Spokesperson said that there was no clear information about the kidnappers since their whereabouts was not known.

Since the government signed the cessations of hostilities and agreement, rampant attacks along Juba Nimule road seemingly stopped, thought passengers have been escorted by security forces whenever they travel from Juba to Uganda.

error: Content is protected !!